Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Dynamical Systems
Santa Margherita di Pula (Ca), May 24-31 2015
The XXth edition of the NEEDS conference series will be held at the Hotel Flamingo,
a tourist resort located in
S. Margherita di Pula, Sardinia, Italy, from May 24 to May 31, 2015.
As the previous editions (look here for a brief history of the previous editions), the workshop will have an interdisciplinary character; it aims to bring together both experts and young researchers encouraging cross disciplinary interaction in the pleasant atmosphere of Hotel Flamingo.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Integrable systems (including quantum and discrete) and applications
- Dynamical systems: Hamiltonian systems and dynamics in the complex domain
- Nonlinear waves, soliton equations and applications
- Nonlinear ODEs including Painleve' equations and isomonodromic deformations
- Symmetries and perturbative methods in the classification of integrable PDEs
- Infinite dimensional Lie algebras and integrable systems
- Orthogonal polynomials, random matrix theory
In addition to the general program, the afternoon sessions will generally be organised in mini-workshops
on the following specialized topics:
- Title: From linear to nonlinear ODEs: Darboux transformations and exceptional orthogonal polynomials.
Chair: D. Gomez Ullate, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Review lecture: D. Gomez Ullate.
Speakers: Y. Grandati (University of Lorraine, France), A. Kuijlaars (University of Leuven, Belgium),
R. Milson (Dalhousie University, Canada), and S. Tsujimoto (University of Kyoto, Japan).
- Title: Representation Theory, Special Functions and Painlevé equations.
Chairs: N. Joshi, University of Sydney, Australia and M. Mazzocco, Loughborough University, UK
Review lecture: N. Joshi.
Speakers: O. Lisovy (University of Tours, France), M. Mazzocco, and Y. Yamada (University of Kobe, Japan).
- Title: Inverse scattering transform and Riemann-Hilbert problems.
Chair: G. Biondini, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Review lecture: G. Biondini.
Speakers: T. Aktosun (University of Texas at Arlington), P. Miller (University of Michigan, USA), and P.A. Perry (University of Kentucky, USA).
- Title: Rogue waves in integrable and non-integrable models.
Chair: M. Onorato, University of Torino, Italy and S. Lombardo, Northumbria University, UK.
Review lecture: A. Degasperis, University La Sapienza, Italy.
Speakers: F. Baronio (University of Brescia, Italy),
A. Chabchoub (University of Swinburne, Australia), D. Georgieva (University of Sofia, Bulgaria), and T. Horikis (University of Ioannina, Greece).
The conference will be also the occasion for celebrating
Francesco Calogero's 80th birthday
The complete schedule is now on-line.
The registration process is now closed.
The abstract submission is now closed.
We have collated all the relevant information on how to reach the conference. Please, consult the page "How to reach us" (last update: May 5).
Important dates :
- Abstracts must be submitted by March 2, 2015
- Submitters will be notified about abstract acceptance by March 9, 2015
- In order to take advantage of the early registration fee, said fee must be paid by March 15, 2015
- Due to the limited number of available rooms, the participants are strongly
advised to make their hotel reservation by March 15, 2015.
For more information contact the Organizers at